Dr Naghmeh Radhakrishna
Respiratory, Sleep & Allergy Specialist
Dr Naghmeh Radhakrishna is a lung, allergy and sleep specialist. She graduated from Adelaide University in 2004 and completed her training in Melbourne. She undertook a fellowship in Asthma and Allergy at the Alfred Hospital, where she helped establish the Difficult Asthma Clinic, a service that provides a detailed assessment and management of complex asthma patients.
She is involved in ongoing research in severe asthma and has published numerous papers in peer reviewed journals. She continues her public service at the Alfred with clinics in sleep medicine, allergy and difficult asthma where she also provides services in respiratory allergy with desensitization therapy for hayfever.
She further trained at the Royal Brompton Hospital (London), a center of excellence, developing an interest in dysfunctional breathing (unexplained shortness of breath) and laryngeal disorders (chronic cough, laryngeal hypersensitivity, vocal cord disorders).
Additionally, Naghmeh has an interest and expertise in lung cancer, for which she has gained experience locally and in Leeds, UK and is involved in a lung nodule service at St Vincent’s Private.
Naghmeh has been the secretary for the Victorian Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ). She has been on the National TSANZ Specialty Training Committee. She was a council member for the Australian Medical Association where she represented the Thoracic Society and is also a member of the Australian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA).
She speaks English, French, Farsi, Creole and some Hindi. Her motto is ‘Knowledge is power’, which drives her passion about educating her trainees, students and patients.
Allergic rhinitis (hayfever)
- Dust mite, pollens and animal dander allergy
- Offers skin prick testing and specific blood tests to investigate your allergy
- Offers full range of treatment options including immunotherapy or desensitization for your hayfever
- Does not see: eczema, drug allergy, or insect anaphylaxis
- Snoring or daytime sleepiness
- Restless leg syndrome
- Poorly controlled asthma.
- Access to research trials and drugs for truly severe asthma such as xolair
- Comprehensive assessment with symptom improvement and risk reduction.
- Works closely with thoracic surgeons with expertise in lung volume reduction surgery or endobronchial valve placement.
Lung Nodule Assessment
- Assesses lung nodules thoroughly
- Close follow up and close collaboration with thoracic radiologists, surgeons and multidisciplinary services
- Comprehensive assessment, investigation and treatment of your chronic cough with links to ENT and speech pathologist if required
Unexplained Dyspnea Service
- Thorough assessment of your breathlessness to understand why and how you are feeling short of breath.
Fee Schedule as of 26th April 2022
Appointment Type Fee on the day Medicare rebate Out of pocket 110 Standard Initial Consultation $250 $128.30 $121.70 116 Standard Review $135 $64.20 $70.80 132 Complex Long Initial Consultation $350 $224.35 $125.65 133 Complex review $200 $112.30 $87.70 12000 Skin prick test $100 $33.15 $66.85
110 + 12000 = $300
132 + 12000 = $450
Max 110 out of pocket cost with SPT: $138.55
Max 132 out of pocket cost with SPT: $192.50